Understanding your hip fracture injury or complex fracture is important. Our dedicated team of expert orthopedic doctors in Ahmedabad have developed this patient eudcation section to help you understand your fracture better and how we can help fix, correct and heal you as quickly and safely as possible. Dr. Pranav A. Shah and his team of the best orthopedic doctors in Ahmedabad have been able to successfully solve the hardest of complex fracture of the shoulder type of cases in just a short period of time for most patients ensuring that they had an excellent near perfect full recovery post operation in 99% of the cases. The patient testimonials and case studies presented on the website provide ample evidence that Dr. Pranav Shah and his team of the best orthopedic surgeons in Ahmedaad are amongst the best orthopedic doctors in Gujarat and Rajasthan. The expert Complex Fracture orthopedic doctor team performs at a world class facility CIMS Hospital in Ahmedabad, which has been rated as the best hospital in Gujarat for the year 2018 and is located in India.
Introduction of Region :
Causes of Fracture :
Hip fractures most commonly occur from a fall or from a direct blow to the side of the hip. Some medical conditions such as osteoporosis, cancer, or stress injuries can weaken the bone and make the hip more susceptible to breaking. In severe cases, it is possible for the hip to break with the patient merely standing on the leg and twisting.Potential causes of broken hips include :
- falls to a hard surface or from a great height.
- blunt trauma to the hip, such as from a car crash.
- Diseases such as osteoporosis, which is a condition that causes a loss of bone tissue and the bone breaks with minor trauma.
- obesity, which leads to too much pressure on the hip bones.
Do I Require Surgery ? :
What are the Benefits of Surgery ? :
- Relief of pain
- Fracture realigned to normal shape
- Early retuned of function
- Prevent complications like persistent pain, limping, difficulty in standing walking and sitting etc.
What is the recovery process ? :
What are the risks in the Surgery ? :
- infection – occurs in about 1-3% of cases.
- blood clots – can form in the deep veins of the leg (deep vein thrombosis); they can be prevented using compression stockings, exercise and medication.
- Problem with fracture healing like nonunion, mal union and implant loosening.
- pressure ulcers – can develop on an area of skin that’s under constant pressure due to being in a chair or bed for long periods.